- The investigation unit of the Evergreen Park Police Department is managed by Captain Stephen Hart.
- The unit is staffed by eight full-time investigators.
- All investigators are state-certified juvenile officers. Investigators are also assigned to the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force which investigates homicides.
Investigation of the most serious offenses such as:
- Homicide, Robbery, and Sexual assault
- Property crimes such as fraud, theft, and burglary among other violent crimes
Processing of crime scenes with the evidence technicians, evaluating and storing evidence, and being the liaison between local, state, and federal labs are also completed.
Youth / General Assignment
The division investigates less serious offenses such as:
- Criminal damage to property
- Disorderly conduct
Specially trained youth investigators handle all criminal and status offense cases involving persons under the age of 18 as victims or offenders.