Click to Home

Go To Search
RSSEmail
PrintHome

Home

Posted on: April 6, 2017

Home Fire Safety

The EPFD recently responded to 2 residential structure fires, where the point of origin was in the basement of the homes and the preliminary cause is suspected to be a malfunctioning clothes dryer and overheated power tool battery charger.

The Fire Department is making the following suggestions to assist residents in reducing the possibility of fires in their homes:

1)  When purchasing new appliances or equipment, be sure to register it with the manufacturer so you receive any recalls or safety information that may pertain to it.

2)  When purchased used appliances or equipment,  be sure to check the manufacturer's website for any recall or safety information.

3)  Always follow the manufacturer's operating instructions.

4)  Never leave an appliance operating when unattended.

5)  Utilize UL approved strip receptacles instead of extension cords.

6)  Unplug appliances and equipment that is not in use.

Please see the attached home fire safety checklist for additional steps.

For further information, please contact the Fire Department Public Education Division at (708) 422-2148.
Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in Home

Driving Range Open At 50-Acre Park

Posted on: April 24, 2017

Summer Programs Book Is Available!

Posted on: April 10, 2017

Recycling Your Cloth Items (Textiles)

Posted on: April 12, 2017

Sign Up Now For "Memories To Go"

Posted on: March 28, 2017

Hook a Kid on Golf

Posted on: April 23, 2017